• Remember to participate in the homecoming spirit week! Check the posters in the hallways to see what to wear!

• On Friday, October 19th Jefferson Morgan High/Middle School will hold their fall pep-rally

• The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, October 19th. The theme is pink out!

• The drama club has selected the comedy, "Don't Drink the Water", as their show for this year

Internet Insider – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Michael Pochron – Editor

More stories from Michael Pochron

A Final Farewell
May 24, 2017

The good, the bad and the ugly isn’t something that only applies to characters in spaghetti westerns, yet it also applies to game developers. The good applies to developers and corporations that genuinely care about the product. The bad applies to the companies that seem to only care  about profit and the ugly is a combination of the both.

There are many examples that are brought to mind whenever the quality of developers are brought up, one such is with the games Shadowverse and Hearthstone. Both games are free to play card games; however, the difference between them lies with the quality of the developers. Hearthstone, which I already went in depth to talk about their flaws in a previous article, was made by Blizzard. Blizzard is a company that has a lot of history, which allows for a mass of content to be studied. From various studies of the company, all of their products seem to follow a similar trail from the legendary World of Warcraft, all the way to the modern Overwatch. The games follow a wicked and ugly path of being immensely cared for until the second the golden days are over, then the product and its consumers are quickly exploited and are milked till the last cent.

Hearthstone, unfortunately, is no different from the other titles, but is receiving very sparse spots of care, which splits the community in a grotesque manner. This is where the majority wants to leave and take their chances on anything else, while the minority decides to stay in hopes of it getting better. Those who decided to leave quickly, realized how poorly they were treated by just observing other games with one in particular being Shadowverse and its developers, Cygames. The game appears to genuinely take care of its fans admitting whenever they make a mistake and apologize to people not even affected by offering paid content for free.  This is something that Blizzard could never do and when they rarely do, they keep it to an absolute minimum.

I believe that these “ugly” developers need to be called out more and if they still aren’t listening then they need to be convinced using the only language they know, money. If there is a sudden loss in dollars and everyone is up in torches and pitchforks. Afterwards, I believe that they will listen to reason and hopefully will make the changes needed to make everyone happy.

Michael Pochron, Editor

Michael Pochron is a senior and a second year Journalism student.

He actively participates in the Waynesburg Rifle Team and the J-M Marching Band as well as being a member of the Leo Club. Michael is also the president of the J-M Band and section leader of the drum line.

Michael’s hobbies include playing video games, reading books and spending time with his friends and family.

• Internet Insider – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Staff Columns

2018 Officer Training

Staff Columns

Looking For a Leader

Staff Columns

Wiggins Takes Offense to Being Third

Staff Columns

Wrestling Season Comes to an End

Staff Columns

4-h Capital Days

Staff Columns

Rockets Advance One to Hershey

Staff Columns

Kobe King-Hawea’s Big Break

Staff Columns

Rockets Take Three to Regionals

Staff Columns

What’s the Move for Lebron?

Staff Columns

PA 4-H Animal Science Camp