• Remember to participate in the homecoming spirit week! Check the posters in the hallways to see what to wear!

• On Friday, October 19th Jefferson Morgan High/Middle School will hold their fall pep-rally

• The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, October 19th. The theme is pink out!

• The drama club has selected the comedy, "Don't Drink the Water", as their show for this year

Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Michael Pochron – Editor

More stories from Michael Pochron

A Final Farewell
May 24, 2017
(Photo Credit via ign.com)

(Photo Credit via ign.com)

Thats right, Samurai Jack is back and is the lead show on Adult Swim’s Toonami. The show can be seen every Saturday at 11 pm or on Adult Swim’s website. It is directed by the brilliant Genndy Tartakovsky who created the original Samurai Jack and other classics such as Dexter’s Laboratory.

Season 5 of Samurai Jack has a  very different take on the series, which is a retro/modern tone that features robots, kunais, motorcycles and spears. The premiere sets up the story by including important backstory such as Jack losing his sword. One of the major factors to this season is the fact that Jack is losing his mind. He experiences various hallucinations that feature characters such as his father, mother and everyone he failed to protect.This new iteration shows a more rugged, survivalistic, scavenging and defeated Jack who is living off of scraps. The main feature of the plot is that Jack needs to get back to the past to make everything right. The show also has an interesting group of villains introduced that are called the “Sisters of Aku.” These sisters are a brutal group that serve their evil overlord, Aku and their one goal is to kill the samurai.

Overall, the premiere of season 5 left me satisfied. It had an extremely good first episode that set up the rest of the season and without a doubt will build up hype for the rest of the season. However, it did not blow me away and making me crave more.

Michael Pochron, Editor

Michael Pochron is a senior and a second year Journalism student.

He actively participates in the Waynesburg Rifle Team and the J-M Marching Band as well as being a member of the Leo Club. Michael is also the president of the J-M Band and section leader of the drum line.

Michael’s hobbies include playing video games, reading books and spending time with his friends and family.

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

2018 Officer Training

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

Looking For a Leader

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

Wiggins Takes Offense to Being Third

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

Wrestling Season Comes to an End

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

4-h Capital Days

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

Rockets Advance One to Hershey

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

Kobe King-Hawea’s Big Break

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

Rockets Take Three to Regionals

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

What’s the Move for Lebron?

• Internet Insider – Jack is Back

Staff Columns

PA 4-H Animal Science Camp

Internet Insider – Jack is Back