• Remember to participate in the homecoming spirit week! Check the posters in the hallways to see what to wear!

• On Friday, October 19th Jefferson Morgan High/Middle School will hold their fall pep-rally

• The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, October 19th. The theme is pink out!

• The drama club has selected the comedy, "Don't Drink the Water", as their show for this year

Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Michael Pochron – Editor

More stories from Michael Pochron

A Final Farewell
May 24, 2017
Photo by Mary Vincent

Photo by Mary Vincent

Photo by Mary Vincent

On the 3rd and 8th of December the Jefferson-Morgan Band will be participating in the Waynesburg Christmas Parade and are performing their first ever winter concert in the high school’s auditorium. Both performances will feature two holiday classics which are Deck the Halls and Angles We Have Heard on High. The Rocket Marching Band will look a little different from their usual on the 3rd because they will have their instruments and uniform festivized by attaching garland and bows to their instruments whilst wearing red stocking hats to resemble Santa’s hat.

The winter concert will replacing classic fall Rocket Season and Review concert for a more holiday themed concert for this year. The Rocket band will be playing features such as Silent Night, Home for Christmas and Jingle Bells. The audience will see a wide range of instruments due to it being a concert for both marching band and concert. That entails the use of concert percussion such as snares, bass drums and marching percussion such as the quad and tri toms, also the audience should get to see both the tuba for matching and the sousaphone for concert.

Report time for all band members for the Christmas Parade is 12:30, however the parade itself usually lasts around one and a half to two hours allowing hunters to make a small sacrifice to enjoy and participate in the parade. And the concert will be starting at 6 and all band members are supposed to wear “Clothes that they’d usually wear to church during December” by the Band Director Mrs. Svenson.

Michael Pochron, Editor

Michael Pochron is a senior and a second year Journalism student.

He actively participates in the Waynesburg Rifle Team and the J-M Marching Band as well as being a member of the Leo Club. Michael is also the president of the J-M Band and section leader of the drum line.

Michael’s hobbies include playing video games, reading books and spending time with his friends and family.

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Editor's Corner

Toxic Friendships

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Editor's Corner

Fright Night

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Rocket Recap

Fall Pep-Rally

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Editor's Corner

4-H Paper Clover Campaign 2018

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Showcase

Homecoming Parade

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Showcase

JM Pin Sale at Homecoming

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Showcase

Homecoming Queen Voting 

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Spirit Week

Spirit Week

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Rocket Recap

LEO Club Sign Ups

• Drumming up Holiday Cheer

Rocket Recap

Project Adventure

Drumming up Holiday Cheer