• Remember to participate in the homecoming spirit week! Check the posters in the hallways to see what to wear!

• On Friday, October 19th Jefferson Morgan High/Middle School will hold their fall pep-rally

• The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, October 19th. The theme is pink out!

• The drama club has selected the comedy, "Don't Drink the Water", as their show for this year

Fall Festivities

Makenzie Wright, Editor-in-Chief

Many of us enjoy the crisp, fall weather, and the activities associated with fall, but sometimes it is hard to find places to go near us to enjoy pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted houses. This provides some locations near the area that these activities can be done.

Though there are not many festivities in the county, there are some very close. Trax Farms is a festival open on weekends in Finleyville, Pa, which is about 40 minutes away.  They have everything from pumpkin and apple picking, to a corn maze.

Another place to visit this fall is Triple B Farms in Monongahela, Pa, about 40 minutes away, as well. This farm has pumpkin picking and carving and other activities such as hay rides and haunted barns.  This place is also a great place to take children, because they also have multiple slides.

There are also some haunted houses near to go to. Hundred Acre Manor is in Bethel Park, just under an hour away. This was also rated the best haunted house in Pittsburgh. Another one would be the Demon House in Monongahela, Pa, a 40 minute drive. Lastly, Kennywood is hosting Fright Night at this time of the year. They transform the park into a haunted house based theme park, with a majority of the original ride still open, and some of them even transformed to fit the theme better. Season pass holders also get discounts of specific days.

Though they may not be close, fall activities are just a drive away. Be quick, though, most of these attractions will end after October!

Makenzie Wright, Editor-in-chief

Makenzie Wright is a senior and a second year Journalism student, serving as an editor-in-chief.

Makenzie is a participant in both volleyball and basketball. She is also apart of many clubs such as Leo Club, National Honor Society, Academic Team, Yearbook, Science Olympiad, Envirothon, Drama Club, Reading Club, Peer Mentoring and Debate Team.

In her free time. Makenzie enjoys going shopping or out to dinner, as well as reading and spending time with her dog.

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

Toxic Friendships

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

Fright Night

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

4-H Paper Clover Campaign 2018

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

Greene County Rabbit Club

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

Spooky Movies & Shows

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

School/Study Tips

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

2019 4-H Year

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

31 Nights of Halloween

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Movie Review

• Fall Festivities

Editor's Corner

Pinterest Makes Searching for Beauty Looks More Inclusive

Fall Festivities