• Remember to participate in the homecoming spirit week! Check the posters in the hallways to see what to wear!

• On Friday, October 19th Jefferson Morgan High/Middle School will hold their fall pep-rally

• The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, October 19th. The theme is pink out!

• The drama club has selected the comedy, "Don't Drink the Water", as their show for this year

The Internet Issue

Michael Pochron – Editor

More stories from Michael Pochron

A Final Farewell
May 24, 2017

Recently the internet at Jefferson-Morgan has been on the fritz. The internet has halted the progress of most classes, especially those online for three painful days. Students and teachers were both extremely upset during this period of time, one Jefferson student named Jonathan Perez was in complete shock about the quality of the internet because “It found a way to somehow get even worse,” said Perez.

Due to the condition of the problem being so severe that the internet was not even usable, people have begun thinking that there was some foul play at work. One student named Jordan Hess said, “It seems as if someone is messing with the internet.” Many students and teachers have been lead to believe that certain type of virus called ransomware was uploaded to the internet provider for multiple school districts such as Waynesburg and Carmichaels. This virus allegedly got into the internet providers systems and threatened to delete everything unless funds were sent its way. Other students are also believing that the internet was a sign that the Distributed Denial of Service attacks (D.D.o.S.) that plagued schools in 2014 were returning.  

Thankfully, during the third day, the problem was solved and the internet has slowly been returning to normal. The public is likely to never know what the problem exactly was but I personally believe some that there was some kind of problem but it wasn’t as serious as ransomware or a series of D.D o. S. attacks. I presume the problem was that some piece of important machinery such as a router was malfunctioning resulting in severe internet problems for multiple school districts until the problem was identified and solved.

Michael Pochron, Editor

Michael Pochron is a senior and a second year Journalism student.

He actively participates in the Waynesburg Rifle Team and the J-M Marching Band as well as being a member of the Leo Club. Michael is also the president of the J-M Band and section leader of the drum line.

Michael’s hobbies include playing video games, reading books and spending time with his friends and family.

• The Internet Issue

News

Police Officers Shot After Responding to Domestic Violence Call

• The Internet Issue

News

Night in the Lights

• The Internet Issue

News

North Korea Facing Great Aftershocks of Hydrogen Bomb

• The Internet Issue

News

Liangelo Ball gets Busted

• The Internet Issue

News

Triple ARBA Show

• The Internet Issue

News

Carl Sargeant Incident

• The Internet Issue

News

Veterans Day Program

• The Internet Issue

News

Election Day in Greene County

• The Internet Issue

News

Kansas City Causes Chaos

• The Internet Issue

News

Winter Sports

The Internet Issue