• Remember to participate in the homecoming spirit week! Check the posters in the hallways to see what to wear!

• On Friday, October 19th Jefferson Morgan High/Middle School will hold their fall pep-rally

• The homecoming football game will be held on Friday, October 19th. The theme is pink out!

• The drama club has selected the comedy, "Don't Drink the Water", as their show for this year

A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Michael Pochron – Editor

More stories from Michael Pochron

A Final Farewell
May 24, 2017

For the past month, the Jefferson-Morgan Rocket Band has been preparing for the Veterans Day Parade. This parade will begin at 11 a.m and will feature the rockets marching tunes of Battle Cry of Freedom and Washington and Lee Swing. Our concert songs will honor any person who has served in the military by playing their service songs which are The Cason Go Rolling Along, Anchors Away, Semper Paratus,  Heave Ho!, My Lads, Heave Ho! and Marine’s Hymn.

Band members are to report at the Jefferson Fire Hall at 10 a.m to rehearse with the West Greene Marching Band who will be performing alongside the rockets. After this hour long rehearsal the bands will step off with the veterans who will perform the 21-gun salute. The salute will take place during the parade in front of the Jefferson Post Office, after this both band and veteran will march to the front entrance of the Jefferson-Morgan High School. This may be the end of the parade but is not the end of the event. Afterwards the band will move into the school’s newly refurbished auditorium and perform the concert songs for veterans both past and present.

After and during the concert there is also a bake sale that will be occurring in the front lobby of the high school. This is a fundraiser that will help any band kid that generate money for the band trip that happens in the later part of the school year. The Jefferson-Morgan Marching Band hopes to see not only every band member, every veteran and also anyone who want to show respect to both veterans past and present.

Michael Pochron, Editor

Michael Pochron is a senior and a second year Journalism student.

He actively participates in the Waynesburg Rifle Team and the J-M Marching Band as well as being a member of the Leo Club. Michael is also the president of the J-M Band and section leader of the drum line.

Michael’s hobbies include playing video games, reading books and spending time with his friends and family.

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Editor's Corner

Toxic Friendships

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Editor's Corner

Fright Night

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Rocket Recap

Fall Pep-Rally

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Editor's Corner

4-H Paper Clover Campaign 2018

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Showcase

Homecoming Parade

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Showcase

JM Pin Sale at Homecoming

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Showcase

Homecoming Queen Voting 

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Spirit Week

Spirit Week

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Rocket Recap

LEO Club Sign Ups

• A Day of Rememberance and Recognition

Rocket Recap

Project Adventure

A Day of Rememberance and Recognition