• Last day for seniors is May 24th.

• There will be a 2 hour early dismissal on Friday, May 25.

• All finals will be held on Wednesday May 23, and Thursday May 24.

• Pre-K and kindergarten graduation will be held on Friday, May 25.

Elijah Saesan – Athlete Article

Michael Pochron – Editor

More stories from Michael Pochron

A Final Farewell
May 24, 2017

Elijah Saesan is a freshman and a member of the Jefferson-Morgan High School Football team.

Elijah has been playing football for a grand total of six years including middle school and midget football. Ever since he first played football, his life has been more and more devoted to playing football and getting better. Saesan also participated in the J-M Marching Band which helped build his coordination and cooperation with his team both on and off the field.

When asked why he first started playing football Saesan was naturally driven to play football by saying “I started playing it because it would be fun.”

Elijah doesn’t have a preference whenever he plays football and likes all positions equally. However whenever he joined the Rockets they needed a dedicated person to play wide receiver and cornerback and he was more than happy to fill those spots.

When asked what he likes most about playing football Saesan replied by saying “I love football the most when it’s game day because it’s exhilarating when I’m on the field.” This is especially so when he’s playing because he knows all of his friends and family are cheering him on.

Conditioning is the most difficult part of football according to Elijah. He dislikes it because conditioning is just a ton of running for around thirty minutes straight for just a single practice.  

When asked if he’ll continue doing football till his senior year Saesan replied by saying “I’m not sure because I need more time to study, and if football interferes with his study then I’ll quit.”
When he graduates, Saesan does not see himself continuing his football career because he sees it as something fun to do and doesn’t want to endanger that by getting too competitive.

Michael Pochron, Editor
Michael Pochron is a senior and a second year Journalism student. He actively participates in the Waynesburg Rifle Team and the J-M Marching Band as well as being a member of the Leo Club. Michael is also the president of the J-M Band and section leader of the drum line. Michael’s hobbies include playing video...
Elijah Saesan – Athlete Article